How to use container desiccants
SeaDry Container desiccants by ThoMar were originally designed as high-performance desiccants especially for the moisture protection of sea freight transported in containers. A dry environment is particularly important for sensitive goods in order to reliably protect them from possible moisture damage. SeaDry is the suitable container desiccant for e.g. engine parts, steel coils, furniture and all goods in sales packaging, including packaged food.
In addition to the transport of sea freight, SeaDry is also ideally suited for use in warehousing or in prefabricated construction. SeaDry is used wherever excessive humidity in large, enclosed spaces must be combated. The products are distributed evenly in containers, enclosed storage space or modular construction space to ensure optimum protection against moisture. You can rely on the highest quality - Made in Germany - for all SeaDry products. It goes without saying that all ingredients are REACH-compliant and no DMF is included.
How do container desiccants work?
All SeaDry products consist of a special mixture of calcium chloride and starch with a very high water absorption capacity of over 200 %. The moisture is drawn from the ambient air in the container, so that the air humidity drops to an uncritical level. The risk of transport damage or damage during prolonged storage due to moisture, e.g. corrosion, mold, softened cartons and detached labels, is significantly minimized. The absorbed air humidity is immediately bound as a gel by the starch contained, thus preventing water from escaping from the bags.
What variants of container desiccants are available?
For all SeaDry variants, the front or top side consists of a HDPE fleece (high density polyethylen), through which the humidity can enter into the desiccant, but cannot escape again. The back or underside consists of a moisture-impermeable multi-layer film.
Corresponding supply articles for the German armed forces are listed under the NCAGE code CM866:
- 4400-12-415-8933 (Pole H 1.200 g)
- 4400-12-415-8934 (Pole V 1.000 g)
- 4400-12-415-8936 / 6850-12-394-2713 (Single 125 g ADH)
- 4400-12-415-8937 / 6850-12-394-2705 (Single 125 g)
- 4440-12-409-9690 (Hook 1.200 g)
- 6850-12-394-2641 (Blanket 1.500 g)
- 6850-12-394-2717 (Strip 750 g ADH)
SeaDry is available in various shapes and sizes - also to suit your specific application.
SeaDry Pole V
- Desiccant chain in protective casing for sensitive cargo
- Stable hook for hanging from the lashing lugs
- Trapezoidal shape allows vertical placement in container corrugations
- Adhesive pad on the backside for additional fixation
- Moisture absorption more than 2.0 litres
- Also available as a 1200g variant (on request)
- Desiccant chain with stable hook for space-saving suspension in the container corrugations
- Additional attaching to the container wall with adhesives on the back
- Three sizes available (moisture absorption more than 1.2 litres / 2.0 litres / 2.4 litres)
SeaDry Pole H 1200 g
€162.00 Excl. Tax
- Sturdy hook enables horizontal placement right below the container ceiling where the risk of condensation is highest
- Trouble-free loading and unloading by mounting above the cargo
- Desiccant chain contained in protective casing for sensitive goods
- Moisture absorption more than 2.4 litres
- Also available as a 1000g variant (on request)
- Tool "SeaDry Helping Hand" for attaching product to lashing eyes available on request
€192.78 Incl. TaxPieces per carton: 10Price per piece: 16.20 €
SeaDry Blanket 1500 g
€124.80 Excl. Tax
- Desiccant blanket can be put directly onto packaged goods
- Anti-slip strips on the underside hold the desiccant securely in place
- For usage within tightly packed containers
- Moisture absorption more than 3.0 litres
€148.51 Incl. TaxPieces per carton: 8Price per piece: 15.60 €
SeaDry Strip 750 g ADH
€167.40 Excl. Tax
- Desiccant chain with adhesive strip on the rear side, enables fixation even when lashing lugs are missing (e.g. in reefers)
- Flexible positioning on the container walls or the cargo itself
- Moisture absorption more than 1.5 litres
€199.21 Incl. TaxPieces per carton: 18Price per piece: 9.30 €